Saturday, October 31, 2009
Paul Mitchell The School
I finally was reunited with my beautiful school, Paul Mitchell!! I took a 5 ½ month leave! I finally got back and I bounced right into it again!! I didn’t realize how much I missed school and loved doing hair until I was gone; I never want to stop
doing it again!!!! Here is
some of my work since I have been back!! I did a photo shoot with Sarah, this beautiful girl that is in my ward. The theme was Halloween but not mandatory so I didn’t do the Halloween theme. I did a fall theme instead, there is only a few weeks, if that, in the whole year that the leaves are red, orange, yellow, green, purple, etc… and I figured that I would be done with school by time the leaves were like this next fall, so I did a fall theme with real leaves and I did Sarah’s hair in curls and her makeup classic, almost Marilyn Monroe style and with a net coming down over the face. The leaves were supposed to look like and act as if a hat and then the net came from the back of it. Anyways, here is the picture and let me know what you think!!! It was my first photo shoot of my work! BTW, this is just the picture taken from my camera phone, it's not the professional picture. That wont come out for another 4 to 6 weeks
Well, is has been a couple months, and we finally got internet today at our house (2 months without it, I had to go to the BYU Library to go on the internet…) but now that it is conveniently in our little home, I can finally BLOG!! Yay!
It was not the easiest move in the world…
We had our contract start the 1st of August which was great that we had a place for sure, but it was a month earlier then when we needed. But then we got a call from Justin, the couple that was living in our house before us. He called and asked when we were planning on moving in and wondered if they could stay till the 15th of August and pay ½ the rent, we said SURE!! They said great, thank you so much and we will be out by the 15th! We didn’t hear from them until the 16th of august. We got a text message saying, “Hey, we were planning on moving out on the 15th but now we need to stay till the end of the month. I text him back and said, “Well, you really need to be out by the 25th at the latest. Brandon (the landlord) said that he would be replacing the carpet and cleaning it up a bit and he needs at least that long to do it.” Justin said back, “Yeah, that’s not going to be a problem. I will text you then and tell you where we hid the key.” And I said thanks back.
Well, the 25t comes and goes and we didn’t hear from him. The 25th was a Tuesday and we were leaving that Saturday, so I finally text him on Thursday night and said, “Hey, you forgot to tell us where you hid the keys.” And he text back saying, “Oh, yeah… I forgot to tell you… we actually decided to stay till the 2nd (of September).” When I got that text, I thought it was a joke… I was like whattt…? So I text him back and said, “I’m sorry, but you really need to move out. We will be to Utah Saturday night and with everything Brandon (the landlord) is doing to the house, it is going to take a while and if you don’t move out today, we will be homeless for a week! We need you to move out asap.” He text me back and said the rudest thing! He said, “I thought you summer sales people would be rollin in it and staying in the Ritz. We have lived in this house for 2 plus years now and we will leave when we want to.” Ohhhh boy when I read that I wanted to text him a punch in the face… but I don’t like drama and I try to be drama free, so I text him back and said, “Actually we didn’t do as well as we hoped so no rolling for us, and as far as leaving… you need to leave. We have a contract. I expect you out by tomorrow.” Of course he didn’t text back. I called and text him on Friday and all Saturday morning and no answer… So I finally called Brandon (the landlord) and told him the situation. Brandon text me about an hour or so after and said they were out. Hallelujah!!! (little did we know that they TRASHED the place, cause they are mature like that!)
Yes, they trashed the place. We got into Provo Sunday night, I stayed with my sister and Josh stayed with his friend. The next day was school for Josh and it was move in day for me. I called my landlord and asked when we would be able to move in and he said well, the door is open and you might want to go take a look at it. So I went over and yeah… there was shredded paper all over the front room, they spilt something sticky on the kitchen floor, nothing was vacuumed, mopped, cleaned, etc. there was sour milk and rotten veggies in the fridge, the entire freezer was iced over… I think that they put a bunch of water in it. There were 3 or 4 burnt chicken nuggets or some kind of meat in the oven on the bottom, the bathroom had mold all over the ceiling, and there were a few dirty boxers in a vent. And because of all this, the landlord did not have time to replace the carpet… the greasy pink carpet with brown stains and a smell of dog pee to it (the last people had a dog). That was just the inside… the outside of the house was just as bad. Weeds up to my hips, no joke, there was a huge water leak in the front yard which created a little mini swamp, dead grass, and the trash can was full and over flowing… blah, so depressing.
What we did to fix it all; candles almost 24/7, major house cleaning, watered the ‘dirt’ as my sister called it (but now it is grass, (YAY!), finally got the carpet replaced 2 weeks ago, repainted the hall way white (it was really damaged and off color), and yep… made it a home. :)
So needless to say... it was definitely something that was a long hard process but we finally have it all done and SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Changing the carpet was the 1 thing that totally turned the house from miserable to amazing!! I will put pictures up as soon as I have them!!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
1. We have 4 more sales to get to make this whole summer sales thing to even be worth it and we have 3 or 4 days to do it in....
2. Once we leave, this Saturday, we have to make the 23 hour drive and get there by Sunday night which means that there is no stop to rest... We have to drive the whole way there! When we made the trip here, we stopped in a hotel for a night and got some proper rest, this time we can't! We have to be there by Sunday night because Josh starts school bright and early Monday morning.
3. The house we are moving into still have people in it, which was not going to be a problem cause they were going to move out in time for the carpets to be cleaned and then for us to move in, but last night I found out that the people were not going to be moving out till September 1st, and that is Tuesday, 2 days after we move to Provo.... and then on top of that, our landlord said he was going to be replacing the carpet (which is a good thing, yay!) but that is going to take longer then cleaning the carpets.... so the people will be moving out Tuesday and then carpets will be replaced starting Tuesday and who knows how long that is going to take...... SOOO... Josh and I are going to be homeless for about a week or so.... FUN FUN FUN
4. The entire house is not furnished, which is fine because we have everything we need, but it is in a storage unit in Spanish Fork, and If all of it is not out by the 9th of the month, we will have to pay another month of storage... and I am afraid that we wont even be in the house by the 9th.... and we can't afford to be spending another 65 bucks!!!
5. Josh and I need to find jobs once we get back into Provo... nuff said there.....
6. Once we get into our cute lil house, I am going to be the one setting up the entire house by myself cause josh will be in school and have a parade of HW already.... :/
7. On top of all of this, I am throwing a baby shower for one of my close friends, which is awesome, I am really excited to, but it is a lot of hard work... ya know?
8. AND on top of all that, I am really wanting to go visit one of my other really close friends, Channing, who just had a cute lil baby!!! She lives in the Burg though and I don't know if i am going to have time with everything that is going on already in my life!!!
9. All of this stuff is going to be happening in a 2 week period (except for 7 and 8).....
fak; drsjah ;kjgha ekjg haekjfae' glh'erkgjhaq'!!!!!!!!!!!
Solutions to most of my problems!!! YAYAYAYAY!
1. Josh got 2 sales yesterday and so now we only have to get 2 more!!! YAYAY!
2. If josh gets 2 more within 2 days, we can leave earlier and not be so rushed! YAYAY!!
3. I finally got a hold of both my landlord and the people living in our house now, and they are seeing what they can do about moving out earlier. YAYAY and I already made arrangements for both Josh and I to stay at friend's houses. I will stay with my sister, Raechel, and Josh will stay with his friend Jimmy. We won't be together, which is sad, but it will be fun for us to spend time with friends and family! YAYAY
4. I called the storage unit and explained our situation and the said that they prorate. YAYAY!!!
5. Finding a job is still going to be stressful, But both Josh and I have a few things lined up for when we get there, hopefully they work out...
6. I will have 2 lil helpers to help me get my house organized, my sister, Raechel, and her girlfriend, Lily. I just called and asked them to help and they said, duh..... YAYAY!!!
7. I am still throwing a baby shower which will be a lot of fun, and I have my sister and Lily to help me with it, and it does not seem as stressful cause everything else is ok! YAYAY!!!
8. I still want to visit Channing and her lil family, and that is still a work in progress... Does anyone wanna carpool?? haha
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Well, Josh and I are almost done here in Indianapolis, whew! It really was a great experience but we will defiantly never do this again. We can't anyways, Josh has to do an internship next summer. That's something else we soon have to worry about in and of itself....
My hair is growing out, YAY! When I got it cut last year (yes, 2 or 3 months before my wedding....) I was happy at first and then like a week or 2 went by and I was sooo upset. I think it really hit me when Josh saw it for the first time.... his eyes said it all. It's not like he didn't like it, it was just... different. BUT now it is getting long, woo hoo! so everyone reading this, do NOT let me cut my hair short, EVERRRRRR! hahaah.
What else?? Oh, I am so ready to get back to school, I miss cutting and coloring hair, deep conditions, etc... idk, it's my passion and I have been away too long! The break was great, but I wish it could have been shorter. I am also looking for a part time job.. seems impossible to find one, at least through craiglist cause like everything is a freaking scam! makes me so mad that that's how people try and make money... to just rip people off via Internet.... hey, maybe I should do that.... how do I get started! Haha! JK!
Josh is getting back to school too, he made it into his program!! He got his acceptance in like May, so we have known for a while. He is looking to get a job with his friend Tyler who works with computers to improve his resume. I am hoping that they are still hiring when we get back in 2 weeks!
We decided that we are going to go on a cruise this December! We are going to with a few of our friends, Josh's missionary friends! We are going to go to Mexico, not Ensenada.... haha, that was great for a honeymoon, but now we are more interested in the sights then... other things. :) The cruise is week long and we are really excited.
The home we are moving into is nice! 2 bed, 1 bath, kitchen, and living room. It has a bigger kitchen and bigger front room then our last house. The bed rooms are a tad smaller, but it's ok. Not by much, not a big deal. It's in the same ward as our last (that was a BIG seller point for us!!)
I'm pretty sure that is about it as far as anything new or any of our recent activities.... We are taking pictures professionally very soon, I will upload them as soon as I figure out how.....