Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Hollidays!!!

We spent Thanksgiving here in Utah this year. Josh had work and I had school. It was fun, we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Sandy. Very good cook, mmmmmmmmMmmmm! We were assigned to make an apple pie, and let me tell you, it was so good! I felt very proud of myself, and it was the first pie I had ever made!!! :)

CHRISTMAS!!!
This Christmas was the best one yet! We went to California on the 18th! We went to Disneyland and California Adventure on the 19th for E
mily Duvall's 18th birthday!! Happy birthday Em! That was the first time that we went to Disneyland together. We went on so many rides!! Matterhorn, It's A Small Word After All, Indiana Jones, Autopia, Soaring Over California, Slash Mountain, Haunted House, Toy Story Game/Ride, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, etc, and then we went on the Winnie the Poo Ride/Adventure!!! hahahhahha
We went and got free tortillas in Cali Adventure, they are so good!! Josh and I like the Flour more then the corn.
We were exhausted by time we were ready to go home! here are some pictures of Disneyland!!Rain Forest Cafe





I got up at 4:45 the next morning to go fishing with my family and the Skousens, Josh decided to sleep in. I was SOOOOO excited to go fishing!! I don't know if a lot of people know this, but I absolutely
LOVE fishing!! I became a fan 2 years ago at Lake Powell!! I think I was really spoiled with what type f fishing we did there, though. Blaine has this AMAZING boat that has a radar that shows what is directly beneath him, so we were able to cheat a lil bit... :) and on top of that... Blane has amazing fishing poles and amazing skill!!! I can still hear him yell, "OHHHHHH, FISH ON!!! FIIISSSHHHH OONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!" hahahhahah... plus, I heard that Lake Powell has a lot better fishing then most places. Here is a flash from the past picture of my fishing adventures at Lake Powell. Fabulous, right? ha Anyways... we went fishing for about 5 hours on Friday and NONE of us got anything, well, Papa Skousen got a big branch.... lol but that was about it. SO SAD! I caught a bit of a sunburn though, which was nice, cause it wasn't painful and it reminded me of summer! (cant wait)
The week leading up to Christ
mas was fun, mostly slow pace, mostly. We got sushi with my dad and sister, Raechel. That was a big treat!! We spent a lot of time with family, that was great.
Josh and I were able to get presents for everyone that they could use and that was personal, which was really cool! We got my mom a memory chip for her phone so she can store more then 10 pictures at a time, a cookbook from my old that my old ward put together, some pictures of the family, and a facebook!! (hahaha) We got my brother, Ryan, bb's and a new bb gun. We got my sister, Raechel, a visor mirror for her car, and we got my dad an 8X10 picture of a Spicy Tuna Hand Roll and had our friend print on the bottom of the picture, "every day should start and end with a spicy tuna hand roll" (he lovesssss those). Then we got Josh's parents the cookbook from my old ward, and then we got our secret Santa, which was Danny, Josh's younger brother, a new wallet. :)

What we got for Christmas;
Flannel Bed Sheets, Wireless Router for the Internet, Shoes for Josh, Snuggies!!!!
(yes, for both of us!!!) pictures coming soon... :) ,Vitamins, Bunch of games (mancalla, scrabble, backgammon, and a puzzle), Tucanos gift certificate, other gift certificates, Clothes, Candy!, Money! etc It was a great Christmas!! But what was the most shocking present was what we got from the Duvall kids.... baby booties and a baby card.... I'm pretty sure our expression says it all.

NEW YEARS!!!
We have a great family tradition in my family of new years eve. My dad and uncles were raised in Arcadia, which is very close to Pasadena (where the Rose Parade is every year), and they used to go watch the floats set up the night before the parade and then go around the floats and go to this restaurant named Twoheys, have dessert, and watch the floats pass by there again. We still do this tradition today!! Pictures coming soon!!! After we were done, we went back to Murrieta. Josh and I went to his house in Temecula for the actual new year count down, it was really fun!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

2 comments:

KeNzIE said...

Sounds like you had a good holiday!

Lori said...

'Would have loved to have seen you while you were home to say hi. Looks like you both had a wonderful holiday! Happy to see you so happy. The baby hints are funny. Go with the flow!