Saturday, September 3, 2011

$$$ Where do you spend your dough? $$$

When we decided to make the move to California, people would always tell us, "Oh, good luck, it is so expensive to live in California!" And I would just say haha yeah... and think to myself, "I really don't think it's that bad.." Of course I never really took into account what my financial experiences were when I was living in CA.... NONE! I was living with my parents. I didn't pay for food, rent, utilities, insurances, bills, etc.
Needless to say, I now know what people mean by saying that it is super expensive to live in CA. All I thought that was going to be more expensive was rent. I never took into account that food would be sooooo much! The movie theater here cost us $24 dollars for the both of us! I miss the dollar theaters!! Now that we have "grown up" jobs, we will be paying for our own cell phone service, insurances, etc. It was a great thing for both of our parents to help us out these past couple of years, we were so spoiled and we are so so grateful for them helping us! But now working it into the budget is going to be a challenge. It all seems overwhelming. We have rent, bills, school loans, food, tithing of course, insurances, luckily both of us have cars that are completely payed off, but anyways... We are wanting to get people's advise as far as how to spend your mula.
What I really wanted to write this post about is debt. We have school debt that we need to start paying off. We have this "plan" to get all of our debt payed off in 2 years from now. How long did it take all of you to pay off your debts? I am not talking about house or car. Just school and credit card. I think it would be really smart if Josh and I could get some different stories. It would be good to know the steps you took, the things you did or didn't do, sacrifices you took, maybe , if you feel comfortable, to tell us how much debt you had and how long it took you to pay off, or the path you are on to eliminate it, etc. Ok.. get your comment on!!!!

:)

Thank you!

4 comments:

Kysky said...

Read Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover!

Josh and Amanda Duvall said...

We have been doing that!!

Chelsie Cornu said...

I second that motion, Dave Ramsey's total money makeover would be perfect for you to read, and his talk show is great too!!!

KeNzIE said...

Dave Ramsey is your ticket! He's amazing!